Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Camp Robinson Day 11 09-18-2010

Today we woke up at 4:30Am to the sound of 3rd platoon (whom are 1 floor above us) moving their bunks! These bunks make a loud SCREECH when you drag them across the floor. Needless to say, we were mad! 3rd platoon are the new guys. Not only did we have a rude awakening but last night,  Brown Bear and I (Brown Bear is my battle buddy) had fireguard from 11pm -12. We have fireguard every night, but last night we put our laundry in the wash, did a little patrol and climbed in our bunks to just rest. We ended up falling back asleep! Luckily my watch alarm went off at 1am and we got up and played it off. We could have gotten in big trouble! After we woke up we did some intense PT and while we were stretching, I realized it was Saturday and thought, "damn if this was Saturday back home, I'd be fast asleep til noon". We cleaned up and ate our delicious breakfast (sarcasm). Tomorrow is the one day a week we all look forward too! Sunday!!Our personal day! Wego to church, clean our bay, do laundry,study and get to watch a movie. Doesnt sound like much but for us its a Godsend! There also is a chance we could get a 15 min phone call. another bad part about Saturday, is no mail! The mail on Post shuts down on the weekend, which sucks! I was hoping for a letter from someone! No mail also means the letter from yesterday, this letter (Journal) and tomorrows wont get sent out til Monday. School was very repetitive today. We did a lot of review and more practice tests. I guess theres a reason they have a 98% pass rate. Me and Brown Bear, Fresno (mexican boy from Fresno) FEZ, sounds just like Fez from that 70's show, New York, (old man) and PVT Quesadilla had a Ninja (stupid game, ridiculously entertaining) competition in the laundry room. We had been planning it since last night. Brown Bear won but I was damn close!
 Oh I ended up going to sick call last night. They gave me aspirin and something for my congestion.It helped but I'm still pretty sick. Also forgot to add this to my first entry. When we first got our gear from supply, we also got our heads shaved! We looked ridiculous but luckily my hair grows fast and its coming in nicely:) Gonna get some sleep cant wait for tomorrow and the possible chance of PHONES!!! I love and miss you all Realy hope I get something from Kaili. I sent her a letter a few days ago, but mail takes forever.

PV2 Thomas Fonville:)

No comments:

Post a Comment