Thursday, September 23, 2010

Camp Robinson Monday 09-20-2010

Well today is the day before test day! Its our last day of school. We test all day tomorrow and Wednesday. After that we get our cell phones on Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday. Then we ship off to Basic on Monday morning. We also have alot of cool stuff after testing! We go shoot M-16's and M-4 at the est range. We have a land mine course, graduation and a lot of personal time. Didnt have fireguard last night, so I got a good nights sleep. We dont have fireguard tonight or tomorrow, so Im relieved. Im cramming right now for the next few hrs, cause they dont want us studying tonight and want us stress free. Im feeling a lot better. My nose is a little runny but not bad at all. Im drinking 4 canteens a day, hopefully it helps. We are all pretty excited to get out of here. We all are looking forward to the Airport! Most of us are already planning what we are gonna get! Im looking forward to a coke (we only have water here), a double cheeseburger, and a cigarette! Man that sounds great..and being able to talk to my friends and family for a little while. Although Im ready to get to Basic, Im gonna miss a lot of the guys here. We've become closer than brothers. Luckily a lot of them are going to Benning! The rest for the most part are going to Leonard Wood. One lucky S.O.B. get to go home! Ive been spending a lot of my free time writing poems and things lately. Last night Morales read one and insisted I let him read one to the Bay. They all like it a lot. I think its because they all have similar feelings. We are all going thru the same things. I'll attach the poem to this letter. The day hasnt been to exciting. Its pretty much, really repetitious. I cant wait to get testing over!
 I love and miss you all. Hopefully I get some mail today. I really need it. I'll end this. About to head to final formation.

PV2 Thomas Fonville


                                    CONFINED
These walls keep me confined, away from my home
 Surrounded by hundreds of people but I still feel alone.
Since the day I departed I have found no rest
 This weight on my heart grows deep in my chest.
Ive learned to push past all of the pain,
 Because I never forget that I am to blame.
Each and every night, I let these tears fall,
 I hope and I pray for an end to it all.
I know that Im strong but my faith grows weak.
 My mouth so dry that I can not speak.
I miss my family, I miss my friends.
  I wish I could go back and tie the loose ends.
There is nothing I can do, nothing to say.
 Alone in this bunk is where I will lay.

Written By: PV2 Thomas Fonville
Date: Sept. 9, 2010                                                         
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna use this poem's lyrics to make the heaviest metal song known to man. It's gonna be dedicated to my brother for everything he is becoming and has yet to become. Justan and I are gonna begin working on it, just me and him, no one else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a really nice gift for him Nick.

    ReplyDelete