Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rifle Range - Thursday 09-23-2010

Today was a great day! We woke up and kind of got off to a bad start. We got a cape session (aka as SMOKED). I was drenched in sweat! After we cleaned, we ate breakfast and caught a bus over to the rifle range. We showed up and they gave us a small briefing on the M-4. We zeroed in on our targets. Its almost like a huge video game, except its 98% accurate and with a real M-4. We did the weapons qualifications course and I received Marksmanship. I was 2 away from Sharpshooter. Brown Bear got Sharpshooter. After the range we ate MRE's for lunch, in the field and out of nowhere they tell us, that we each and everyone, passed our GED. We immediately jumped up and started yelling and cheering!! Some were even crying! Today was the happiest Ive seen any of us in 3 wks!! I was super happy!
 As we were eating, a Brown Recluse (specifically the most terrifying thing I've ever seen) ran across Fresnos boot, right by my hand! I freaked out and ran!! Drill Sgt Flood just stood there and busted up laughing! But I was NOT laughing! Earlier that morning we walked outside our Bay to find a Tarantula crawling up, the outside of our wall!! Very CHILLING also!!..Anyway, after all that we went to the Claymore mine course. Me and Brown Bear had to low crawl and plant a Claymore 50 ft in front of our position. It was also fun! We spent the rest of our day getting ready for our graduation ceremony, thats tomorrow. Found out we get our phones back tomorrow! First phone call in 3 wks! Im really excited! Our ceremony is @ 2 tomorrow. On top of that I got a letter from Mom today and Kaili got my letter so put my mind at ease.
 Well my fire guard is almost over..I'm sure tomorrow will be an even more interesting day. Got a Company run @ 05:45) I love you and miss you all1 Thank you for all your support. Two more days and Im outta here and on to Benning.         

PV2 Fonville

No comments:

Post a Comment