Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sunday Nov. 7th 2010

Sorry I havent updated in a few days.Been really busy. On Friday I had pre quals. I shot a 33 out of 40. I was pretty happy. That night we went to see Trace Atkins. It really was fun! I dont care too much for country music, but I enjoyed it! We got to talk to some guys in Airborne school. There were a lot of civilians, and a  lot of them were walking up and thanking us for our service. We were free to eat pizza, candy, funnel cake, etc. I had a funnel cake and a Mountain Dew. I almost threw up but it was delicious...lol..Anyway yesterday we qualified. I was really nervous and I messed up bad! I shot 29 out of 40. I still shot pretty high compared to everyone else, but I wanted to do better. My last magazine had a 0 double feed, so I had to miss 3 targets. I was one shot away from Sharpshooter so you can imagine how mad I was!! But oh well I can become an Expert later. For now I just need to qualify. It was a good feeling, walking up and having them put our ACU helmet cover on our helmets, and pinning that Marksman badge on our IBA. Oh I forgot to mention we are the first cycle, ever to qualify in full Battle Rattle! That made it a lot harder!! Its been freezing the past 3 days! So windy and so cold! It sucks! We wear thick thermals under everything and sleep in our big sleeping bags. Also one of our Team Leaders got fired, so guess who was forced back into being a team leader..yep, Me!! Couldnt have come at a worse time. We are doing room sweeps and clearing them and doing live fire missions next week. I have to lead my 6 man team. Also come to find out, during FTX, I will be leading them and carrying the M249 Saw! Ahhhhh....3 Wks til Family Day! It will be so nice to see my Mom, Sister, Bro-In-Law, Niece and Nephews! We have a PT test Monday. It will be cold and Im still sick, super dumb! I love you guys..Please write Me.
PV2 Fonville

P.S. PT test tomorrow and its gonna suck! I have to get a 270 on the one after this in order to get Airborne

No comments:

Post a Comment