Saturday, November 13, 2010

Monday Nov. 8th 2010

Mondays are always lame, especially in Basic Training! Its the day we go back to work and kick off a new week. We woke up at 3:50am and did our push-ups at 4:30. I was so happy! I surprised the heck out of everyone, and ran 2 miles in 13:20. I cut a whole Min. off. I weigh 190 lbs. and I smoke and Im the 5th fastest runner in our Platoon. The next PT test, I really want to get a 260 total! I got 220 this time! I still suck at sit-ups..lol. After the PT test I went to our first advanced rifle range. I shot 10, 5 round bursts, on the M2.50 Cal Machine Gun (bullets almost the size of my hand) and the Mark 19 fully automatic Grenade Launcher. I fired the Grenade Launcher far into a little valley, at an ols Bradley Tank. It felt awesome firing these massive, high powered weapons! I took a nap in a field for about an hour, during lunch..lol...During PT it was 35 degrees. during lunch it was 70. Its just been cold at night. We all sleep in our winter sleeping bags. They keep us super warm!Anyway gonna go work on PT and shower. We have a huge Ruck March tomorrow. Oh and thank you for the pics of, Lex, Tyler, Blake and Keifer! They are hanging in my locker:) Cant wait to see my Mom and Sister and Family, on Family day! 18 more days! Good Night..PV2 Fonville
P.S. Please send Ricolla cough drops Fruit Breezes cough drops..LOTS..and Phone Cards..Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment