Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tuesday Nov. 9th 2010

Well I was supposed to go to the Claymore Mine today, but instead, I went to the Dentist. They pulled down my gums,..apparently last time I got them cleaned they didnt do a very good job. Plus all of the smoking Ive done. She tore my mouth UP! But now its all nice and purty. After the dentist I took a nap and then helped DS Lilly type some report thing for Batallion.. A fairly slow day. DS Hall gave us some sobering insight!! He said,"Right now there are soldiers, that were standing right where you are, just 4 mos ago, and are now in Afghanistan! They are waiting for you to relieve them! You are the future of the Infantry. Right now you are molded iron, you started from coal 6 wks ago. In the next 8 wks we are going to shape you into a cold steel sword, and make you razor sharp!! Some of you may not make it back home, and believe me when I find out its gonna hurt! I always wonder if there was something I could have trained that person better in! ...But you have got to remember why, you're risking your life!Because you know if those people over there, got the chance to capture your Mother, Father, Brother or Sister, Wife or Child..They would cut there head off on live television, with no remorse, and that should make you sick to your stomach and that should be your drive!! Knowing what they have done and what they will do, given the chance!!"   It was a pretty sobering and inspirational speech! I think it made us all really think about what it is we are doing here, and why we are so willing to put our lives on the line. Its not for the American people...Its for you, our friends and family! If not us then who?? Less then 1 percent of the population serve our country in the armed forces, 0.02% are Infantryman. Really makes you think doesnt it? Gonna close now...PV2 Fonville

No comments:

Post a Comment