Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Last Day @ Little Rock-Sunday 09-26-2010

Tonight is our last night here in Arkansas. Its about 7PM and we've been playing football in the Bay. We took a few socks and rolled them into a ball. We've been playing for almost 2 hrs!As much as I hate this place I'm gonna miss it. It sucks cause just as we get really comfortable, we have to leave. We all hate it here but its really not that bad. Its nowhere near as bad as where I'm going!! We spent most of the day finishing laundry and turning in more gear. After church we had a huge relay race, that took an hour to complete! Not everyone participated, but it was supposed to demonstrate team work. I was very proud of myself and so was my Platoon. I had the hardest part of the relay. I had to sprint 100meters, do 5 eight count push ups, sprint 50 meters and forward lunge 50 meters, answer a military oriented question then sprint 100 meters to the finish line! Sounds easy but it was one of the most physically enduring thing I've done in a long time! By the time the relay got to me we were in 4th. After the push ups I was in 3rd and then I past another guy in the last 100 meters. The lunges made our legs like jello but I pushed past the pain and finished in second!! Half of my platoon said, "I really expected less from you!" Haha..But everyone was proud. We are about to head to final formation. I love you guys and I will write all about tomorrow.
PV2 Fonville

No comments:

Post a Comment