Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 3 BCT-Oct.3rd-Welcome To Hell!!

  We arrived at reception on Monday, Sept 27th. It was nothing compared to Camp Robinson. They yelled a lot but that was it. They would even call us Gentlemen, and let us have our phones! While at reception, we did our physicals..I got 9 shots and one in the butt (yes it hurts). They issued out uniforms and those ugly BCG (birth control glasses). All of my friends and I from Camp Robinson were in the same sleeping bay, that was awesome.(we wouldnt be so lucky later on). On our 4th day we shipped out. 4 days is very fast! Most of the time it takes about 7-10 days! People say that reception is Purgatory and that it is the hardest part of Basic. Obviously those people have never been to FT Benning, Ga. We had 2 duffle bags that weighed around 80 lbs and 45 lbs, as we sat in our classroom unaware of what was waiting outside for us....A drill sgt walked in and started calling names for platoon assignment. I was called for 2nd platoon. As we started to walk out my heart started to pound! I walked out the door and there THEY were! About 20 Drill Sgts! They were screaming at the top of their lungs! I was very scared1 We ran to a truck to throw our bags on and we marched to our new company. Everyone thinks the actual BCT area is miles away from reception but its less than a mile away. When we got there our bags were thrown all over the place. I found ONE of my bags and began to panic because I couldnt find my other bag. All of these Drill Sgts yelling and cursing, right in my ear. It turned out someone had grabbed my bag by mistake1 I tried to tell the Drill Sgt that I think someone took my bag and 3 of them got right in my face and started screaming "YOU DONT EFFIN TALK UNLESS YOU ARE BEING SPOKEN TOO"! One got right in my ear and said, "You better hope I never get you alone cause I will EFF you up!!" The Drill Sgt I was trying to talk to saw that I was shaking, and (calmly)said, "Dont worry about it Bud, we will get your bag. Someone has it."I have never felt so scared! I was literally shaking with fear! I almost cried. Luckily I didnt! The ones who were crying were getting yelled at more. Overall it was a very hard and stressful day. I hated it. That night I prayed for a half hour! The day went on with classes and more yelling and push ups. ( I will be incredibly "buff" if it keeps on like this). That night when we took showers, we got smoked and had to do push-ups, naked for taking to long getting undressed. We take 30 sec. showers and 4 mins to eat!  The next day we got issued our bullet proof vests, kevlar, (helmets), etc and had to march with it back to the bay through a winding dirt road. It sucked! That day we also had the worst smoking I've ever had. It lasted for 20 mins! Halfway through 3 people quit. It was that bad. I thought about quitting but I pushed through! We have 2 Drill Sgts and one Sr Drill Sgt. We lucked out. They are for the most part, pretty cool guys! They hardly ever yell. They do Smoke us, but not as much as some of the other platoons Drill Sgts do...And they curse A LOT! Other than that they are pretty laid back. Its the other Platoons DS"S that yell at us. Half of my friends got put into 3rd Platoon, which sucked but I still have 2. Goolsby and Slinky, are in 2nd Platoon with me.
 Today is Sunday and we've only been Smoked once so far.A lot of the guys are homesick and stuff. I feel fine.Of course I miss everyone but my time at Robinson got me broke in. Plus I am closer to going home everyday. I have BCT grad on Nov. 28th and get a 2 day pass with my family. Then I get Christmas break for 17 days from Dec. 17 to Jan 4. I cant wait and final graduation is Jan.21, 2011 We have the gas chamber on Thursday. Its gonna suck..lol. I love you all. Thank you for the support. Thank you Claire, I saw what you posted on Facebook. It really meant alot. I'll write more tomorrow..I hope.

NEW ADDRESS:
PV2 Fonville, Thomas RN # 209
E CO. 2/54 INF.
8775 Albanese DR.
Ft Benning, GA. 31905-4777

No comments:

Post a Comment