Thursday, October 14, 2010

OCT. 6TH 2010


7:25AM
We are in the Bay waiting to go to breakfast. We woke up at 5 and did PT. Ive noticed a huge increase in my PT ability. Happy about that:) Im a lot thinner around the face and waist, which is awesome! I had duty today so I got to ride in a van, rather than having to march to PT. Its really cold here especially during PT. But I love it! Yesterday when we marched (2 miles) to commo class, I thought to myself, this would suck during summer. Only bad part of winter is cold sweat. I'll write periodically thry the day. About to study a bit and go see the Chaplin.
10:21AM
 We have been in class since 8AM. Its boring and we all want to get out to the field and do something. I have a lot to memorize by Friday...And a lot to remember for the gas chamber tomorrow. Thats what we are doing now.Looking forward to bed time:)
12:10PM
 We were suppose to be going to lunch but turns out we have another hr. I guess I can use this time to tell you more about everything. I am in Echo Company, 2nd platoon. (Outlaws)..My Drill SGTS are DS Lilly and DS Reidel. DS Lilly is super funny and Ds Reidel is pretty laid back.They dont scream and yell like most of them. But they do scream when we mess up. Both of them have purple hearts. DS Lilly was shot 3 times and DS Reidel was blown up pretty bad. They're both a little off..lol.My battle buddy is Garcia, a Mexican boy from New York. We have little mice in our Bay and I havent seen any spiders. (luckily)...Yesterday was the first day that we havent been smoked. I guess we are doing something right. DS Lilly likes to make us laugh, then hit us in the balls for laughing! He walked up to me and rubbed his hat on my face, then swung his hand at my groin and I flenched and he said, "relax big guy" and kneed me in the balls and then we laughed...Its pretty funny sometimes. Beats getting "SMOKED"!! The weather here is cold. Very cold in the morning. During the day its perfect! We are in a woodland mountain area. I was wonder why a place so painfully miserable is in a place so beautiful. Anyway I'll write more later!
3:44PM
 We are back at the bay now.Have some free time for awhile. Dinner isnt until 5. They issued us our gas masks and told some funny stories. Right now Garcia and Geary are planning our Xmas leave already. We all look forward to getting away from this place. Ive been pretty homesick. Anyone and everyone should write. You have no idea how it makes you feel when you get mail. Mom will post the mailing address. Gonna go study and talk story with the guys. Bible study sounds good right now too!:)
8:41PM
 We just got smoked! This little group in the back is constantly messing up. We did 225 Jumping Jacks, and 70 push ups in 30 mins. Im so sore. We also packed our assault packs for tomorrow. We have a huge run for PT as well tomorrow. Its gonna be long and stressful. Ive got fireguard tonight. Gonna pray and get some sleep. Im sure tomorrow will be more interesting. Love you guys. Keep me in your thoughts
PV2 Fonville

PV2 Fonville, Thomas RN 209
E CO. 2/54 INF.
8775 Albanese Dr.
FT. Benning, Ga. 31905
Be sure and place the RN 209 on the back of the envelope as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment